Port Angeles 4th of July Celebration
The Port Angeles Regional Chamber of Commerce is proud to help organize and produce the annual 4th of July celebration in downtown Port Angeles and on the city's picturesque waterfront. We are planning yet another, awesome, all-day-long patriotic festival downtown, including a major evening concert on the City Pier (with beer garden) featuring FREDDY PINK, activities for children and families at the Gateway Plaza, an awesome Grand Parade that starts at 6pm, and awesome fireworks on the bay near City Pier that start at dark (a little after 10pm).
Join us from noon to 11pm on the City Pier for a full day of BASEBALL (with the Port Angeles LEFTIES), HOTDOGS, and APPLE PIE -- to go along with music from awesome bands based on the Olympic Peninsula. There will also be a wine & beer garden operating during the concerts. The Ericka Corban Band, sponsored by Park View Villas, will play from 2-4pm -- Ericka Corban's songs have been placed in indie films, as well as Starbucks stores worldwide. She appeared as a contestant on Season 12 of NBC’s hit show THE VOICE. And plan to have Dinner on the Pier -- after the parade, while enjoying the awesome sounds of FREDDY PINK -- the Northwest's Premier Rock and Soul Band who, last year, played at Seafair just prior to the Seattle fireworks over Lake Union. Thanks to the generous sponsorship of the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe, this year FREDDY PINK is playing at the Port Angeles City Pier! Entrance to City Pier is no cost and open to the public for the concerts, contests, activities, and fireworks!
If you like to bake pies, especially apple pies, Click HERE for information about competing in the Apple Pie Baking Contest: "Pies on the Pier!" .
For the Parade, which starts at 6pm, there will be sound systems and announcers at Waterfront Park, at the corner of Laurel Street and Railroad Ave, and at the corner of 1st Street and Laurel Street. Again this year, with many thanks to Mister Buds, we are very excited to be able to award prizes to the most outstanding parade entries. Thanks in advance to everyone who is working hard to put together better and better floats. The winner of outstanding float will receive $1,000 -- and there are many more cash prizes for quality parade entries. DOWNLOAD the PARADE ENTRY APPLICATION HERE.
We are once again bringing back the popular vendor booths in the Gateway Transit Center Lanes (buses not running on the holiday). If you'd like to apply for a vendor booth, they are $50 for each 10'x10' space -- to help cover the cost of insurance, electricity, etc... -- and the vendor application form is available for download HERE.
This year we are again offering popular activities from last year:
- a CORNHOLE Tournament at Waterfront Park -- with prize money for the winners. More Info HERE or email Tim HERE
- a PICKLEBALL Tournament -- will be held on the Upper Parking Deck at The Landing Mall, 10am - 2pm -- with prizes for winners! Email HERE to sign up. Or call Steve Bennett for any questions: 360-460-7424.
- a LAWNMOWER DERBY -- will be held at 8 - 9 pm -- immediately following the parade, in the parking lot at 121 W Front St -- same location where the Winter Ice Village was in December). Also look for the lawnmowers on display at Waterfront Park during the day, and in the parade!
The recently renamed Pebble Beach Park (formerly West End Park, or Waterfront Park) near the corner of Front Street and Oak Street will be the site of some new activities this year, in addition to the already popular Peninsula College Alumni Cornhole Tournament, as the Peninsula College Pirates take over Pebble Beach with:
- BALLS IN THE BOAT – a fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity, were golfers can try to chip biodegradable golf balls into a boat located off shore.
- Lefties Beer Garden – beer for sale all day, supporting the Port Angeles Lefties.
- Putt for Wine – putt a golf ball in the hole, first try, and win a bottle of wine.
- Cedars at Dungeness Food Tent – catered by Stymies Bar & Grill
- Habitat Lounge – a comfy place to rest in the midst of all the fun!
City Pier will also have a couple of new activities we’re adding for this year, in addition to the Apple Pie Baking Contest:
- Home Run Derby – hosted by the Port Angeles Lefties, 3:30pm – 5:00pm, with prizes for winners, open to all (to participate, sign up on site 30 mins prior)
- Hot Dog Eating Contest – hosted by Red Lion Hotel, 5:00-5:30pm, with a prize for the winner (to participate, sign up on site 30 mins prior)
Many thanks to all the people and organizations who have helped make it possible to create a SPECTACULAR FIREWORKS show out on the bay, but most especially:
Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe,
The Port of Port Angeles,
and Arrow Marine Group.
All these festivities could not happen without the help from the hardworking staff of the
Port Angeles City Police Department,
Port Angeles Fire Department,
and Port Angeles City Parks and Rec Department.
Nothing says America like a community 4th of July Celebration so plan your holiday and invite guests to join us in downtown Port Angeles!